HIGH RISK INVESTMENT PRODUCT
1. The value of the investments and the return obtained from them may experience significant upward and downward variations, and the entire amount invested may be lost.
2. Investments in early-stage projects carry a high level of risk, so it's necessary to properly understand their business model.
3. The crypto assets offered by PATRONUS are not covered by customer protection mechanisms such as the Deposit Guarantee Fund or the Investor Guarantee Fund.
4. The prices of crypto assets are constituted in the absence of mechanisms that ensure their correct formation, such as those present in regulated securities markets.
5. Many crypto assets may lack the liquidity to be able to unwind an investment without significant loss, as their circulation among investors, both retail and professional, can be very limited.
RISKS OF THE TECHNOLOGY
6. Distributed ledger technologies are still in an early stage of maturity, many of these networks having been created recently, so they may not be sufficiently tested and there may be significant flaws in their operation and security.
7. The registry of transactions in networks based on distributed registry technologies works through consensus protocols that may be susceptible to attacks that try to modify said registry and, in the event of these attacks being successful, there would be no alternative registry to support said transactions. transactions nor therefore to the balances corresponding to the public keys, being able to lose all the crypto assets.
8. The anonymity facilities that crypto assets can provide make them a target for cybercriminals, since in the case of stealing credentials or private keys they can transfer the crypto assets to addresses that make it difficult or prevent their recovery.
9. The custody of the crypto assets that PATRONUS offers supposes a very relevant responsibility since they can be lost in their entirety in the event of theft or loss of the private keys. PATRONUS is responsible for the custody of the crypto assets it offers, which is carried out in Spain, for which Spanish legislation will apply, as well as the corresponding European regulations.
10. The acceptance of crypto assets as a means of exchange is still very limited and there is no legal obligation to accept them.
11. The service provider is located in Spain, leaving the resolution of any conflict within the competence of the Spanish authorities.
12. The investor will have the crypto assets in its digital purse (“wallet”) once he has acquired them, and PATRONUS, from the moment of their acquisition by the investor, will not be the custodian.